PRIVACY NOTICE – MOBILE APPLICATION
Last Updated: 8/17/2021
This Privacy Notice describes how NetSpring Data, Inc. (““NetSpring”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, discloses and otherwise processes personal information in connection with the operational intelligence platform that NetSpring makes available to customers via the NetSpring mobile application (“Services”). However, please note that we process most personal information in connection with the Services on behalf of individual customers and at their direction. For more information about our customers’ respective privacy practices, please contact them directly.
This Privacy Notice is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
What is Personal Information?
When we use the term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. It does not include aggregated or deidentified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you.
Our Collection of Personal Information
Sometimes we collect personal information directly from you, and sometimes we collect personal information automatically when you interact with our Services. At times, we may collect personal information about you from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction.
Personal Information You Provide
We may collect the following personal information you provide in connection with our Services:
- Account Information, such as login credentials, customer IDs, and any other account information you provide to us;
- Contact Information, such as your name and phone number; and
- Written Feedback, such as comments you make in free text boxes available on the Services.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we may collect certain personal information automatically when you visit our Services, including:
- Log File Data, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, device make, model or name, or other device metadata, operating system, browser type, browser id, date/time of visit and pages visited.
- Analytics Data, including your usage and activity on our Services, such as the links and object you view, click or otherwise interact with.
We and our third-party partners may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on your device and (ii) other, related technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect this personal information.
Personal Information from Other Sources and Third Parties
We also may obtain personal information about you from other sources, and may combine this information with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from you.
We may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following sources and third parties:
- Our Customers: If one of our customers is your employer or has hired you as a contractor to provide it with services, we may receive information about you from that customer such as your name and contact information.
- Service Providers: We may receive personal information from service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as analytics providers.
Our Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information we collect to:
- Operate, maintain and provide the features and functionality of the Services;
- Communicate with you, including via email and/or in-app push notifications;
- Market our Services to you, including through email and/or in-app push notifications;
- Conduct research and analytics on our user base and our Services;
- Improve and customize our Services to address the needs and interests of our customer base and other individuals we interact with;
- Test, enhance, update, and monitor the Services, and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our property and Services, technology assets, and business;
- Defend, protect, and enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements.
If you choose to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill your request or respond to your inquiry. We may provide additional privacy disclosures where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy disclosures will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information in the following ways:
- Within NetSpring: NetSpring entities disclose personal information to other entities within the NetSpring corporate structure, such as subsidiaries and affiliates, for purposes and uses that are consistent with this Privacy Notice. For example, we may disclose your contact information to facilitate communication between you and a local NetSpring representative.
- To Customers: NetSpring discloses personal information to customers in accordance with our contractual obligations to those customers as our customers may request from time to time.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to detect, suppress or prevent fraud;
- to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
- to protect the health and safety of us, our customers or any person; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Consent: We may disclose personal information about you to certain other third parties with your consent.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
Our Services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Except where we post, link to or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on our Services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to email@example.com.